Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sonic Youth & Tom Waits

Feeling nostalgic again (!!!)



One of the 'easier' SY songs that reminds me of some 'good times' in the early nineties. I discovered so much around then after leading a 'sheltered' life literally in the middle of nowhere for most of my teenage years.

Blur, Nirvana, the Pumpkins, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, NIN, Ministry as well as the grunge cling-ons. Nick Cave's Henry's Dream came out and blew our naive little heads off! Too hard to pick one Nick Cave highlight so two it is!





Around that same time one of my tutors introduced me to Tom Wait's Bone Machine which also changed my naive little life.



There's also a live version from the Arsenio Hall Show (?!?) that's got a different intensity.

And before I forget!



Not sure if I like him or not... either which way he can make magic.

No comments: