Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rewrite...

I've been mucking around a bit more with the text I wrote for Elisa.

Excerpt: [Elisa] surrenders to the distortions in her memory and rather than attempt to resolve that which is 'missing' academically, she instead explores the gaps themselves. The greyness of her recollections becomes a critical tool in her broader practice. read more...

I've focussed on the idea of the Authentic in creative practice with a short diversion to Musicology and Method Acting.

I personally found Mike Leigh's Naked particularly enlightening when I first saw it at a mini-festival. It hit me at exactly the right moment in life and - in hindsight - informed much of what I now 'am' -- if you'll excuse the pun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Naked" is a great movie with an outstanding performance of David Thewlis!
It has brilliant original music too by Andrew Dickson, a wonderful score!
You can catch a bit of it in this scene.