Friday, September 11, 2009

Realism...

'Cynical realism is the intelligent man's best excuse for doing nothing in an intolerable situation.' - Aldous Huxley.

'I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery.' - (also) Aldous Huxley.

Yet another edition of 'other people's words' but they sum up my energy levels at the moment. I desperately need to get out and shoot ... or be shot ... as driving myself insane with trying to get the studio idea to 'work'.

My fear is we'll commit to it, spend a ridiculous amount of money and Perth's notorious apathy will bite us in the ass.

Perhaps we need to approach it from the other direction. That is, find the right people THEN look for a space rather than hope that if 'we build it, they will come.'

But ... the concrete's not 'grey' enough ...

No comments: