Thursday, March 22, 2007

Buzzwords

It seems that I, as others, have this habit of getting two or three words/phrases into my vocabulary which I then thrash to death.

The big ones for me at the moment are 'ambiguity', 'too hard', 'literally', 'if I'm being honest', 'sexy', 'antithesis' and the perennial (that's yet another one!) favourite - 'um'.

'Literally' I'm fairly sure comes from Mr. Oliver. Watching his show the other day I noticed that he was using it to start just about every sentence.

The irony (yet another!) of it all is that 'buzzword' itself is a buzzword. Ooohhhh, Universe collapses on itself, a loop to end all loops!

Someone, who shall remain nameless, used to use 'Too Much' ALL the time and if that drove me to screams and tears I have to wonder how much my limited 'Wordschatz' stirs others up.

A friend told us the other day that apparently the new 'cool' is to use 'über' as a prefix ... übercool, übersexy, überdog.

On another note.... as many others have said before ... 'Extras' is the best thing on TV by far. It's so painful and cruel yet beautifully tragic at the same time. Good stuff.

No comments: