Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nervous Energy & Back Pain

I picked up the invitations for the shows yesterday afternoon and have been slowly enveloping them. There is this immense sense of dread when I'm sealing each envelope - it's 'finished' and there's nothing I can do about it once it's sent. I am then committed to showing the work. Magnify that feeling by 500 (the approx. number of invites) and it gets a bit paralysing.

The only relief I get from this whole 'making art' process is once the install is finished and 'untouchable' I come to the realisation that I can't care anymore. That silence is refreshing.

I still have work to do on the portraits - more problems. I had hoped it would be a bit quieter in the weeks running up. My skin is too thin for this!

To lighten the mood a bit I've been YouTubing around and found this from MoMA.



Apparently it took 70 hours to install.... that's a lot of sore backs!

No comments: