Saturday, September 06, 2008

Bit of good news ... for a change...

Just got confirmation that I have access to a potentially* amazing location this coming Friday to make some images. VERY nice relief after a few average days.

* I say potentially as I've only seen two images inside the building in recent times and I'm not sure what state it might be in.

UPDATE: So... ended up shooting two separate locations on Friday, both of which more than lived up to their vague expectations. I'm going back again to one this coming Friday as ran out of time and only got through two floors of a 5-6 storey building.

First results are back already - pro labs turn stuff around in hours rather than days - and I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised. I was a bit worried that the lack of light might flatten everything out too much.

The 'darkness' of the environment meant that exposures were typically 8 seconds at f8 in very dim light. Because of that, it's extremely difficult to get the focus spot on. The magic is that the light caught is 'invisible' to the naked eye so I end up with these surreal, weirdly lit images. Colours shift and they take on a cinematic feel.

Was exhausted but buzzing when I got home... very nice pick up!

No comments: