Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Adriana Caselotti

From Wikipedia:
In the mid-1930s, Adriana Caselotti was hired by Walt Disney to help cast parts in his new film. She was blacklisted by Disney after [Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs] - he did not want her to appear in any other films... Jack Benny specifically mentioned that he had asked Walt Disney for permission to use her on his radio show and was told, "I'm sorry, but that voice can't be used anywhere. I don't want to spoil the illusion of Snow White." The only other work she did following her premiere was an uncredited role in The Wizard of Oz, as the voice of Juliet during the Tin-Man's song, If I Only had a Heart.

This morning Classic played Whistle while I work - I think - as a fun filler and a bit of background was given on Adriana Caselotti. I looked around this evening and her entire career was only a handful of snippets - including a song with Julie Andrews - right up until her death in 1997.

No comments: