Friday, July 03, 2009

Just under a week to go...

All work is done, the catalogues are printed, all press/invitations and other such things are long since 'out' and now I'm twiddling my thumbs.

Elisa and I will do the install on Wednesday - which shouldn't be too difficult - and I just need to tie up a few loose ends ... wine, etc.

I tend to 'try' to not put too much in the way of expectations on shows, especially openings (Thursday) as very often we've come to the end of the night and had kilos and kilos of food to take home... the worst (best?) was when we had 60+ pieces of sushi left over.

A few 'grownups' have RSVP'd so I hope I'll get a chance to have a chat and maybe make some much needed contacts.

I printed 200 of the catalogues which I'll both give away in the space (pcp.org.au, location map) and post around to various people.

This is a small 16pp, full colour A5 booklet with most of the work from the series, an artist statement as well as an essay I penned over the last few months in my 'spare' time.

The later two are up already on the microsite (with some supporting images) and the full series will be uploaded there just after the opening.

I apologise in advance to any who experience my babbling at the opening... I'm useless at those things!

No comments: