Sunday, September 30, 2007

Yet another edition of other people's thoughts....

Sometimes looking into the mind of others validates your own convictions. It feels right or good to know that others think as you do although occassionally it can be disturbing.

Not only the content of the thought but also in the awareness that others have trodden the ground. We sniff around and detect the scents of many who have been.

Actually, I'm not all that interested in the subject of photography. Once the picture is in the box, I'm not all that interested in what happens next. Hunters, after all, aren't cooks. - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. - Henri Cartier-Bresson

As time passes by and you look at portraits, the people come back to you like a silent echo. A photograph is a vestige of a face, a face in transit. Photography has something to do with death. It's a trace. - Henri Cartier-Bresson

I’ve never been successful at making films, really. I’ve never been able to do it right. And there’s something terrific about that. There’s something good about being a failure--it keeps you going. - Robert Frank, 1975

If you want reality take the bus. - David LaChapelle

If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up. - Robert Mapplethorpe

I don't like to describe my photographs; it's up to the viewer to make up his mind what they are about. - Gilles Peress

Some see things the way they are and ask, "Why?" I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use? - Anonymous

No comments: